Saturday, August 22, 2009

Woo-Hoo Wedding Stuff!


How sneaking do my eyes look?
This sparkling item is my first wedding purchase and I'm very excited about it. Erik and I had decided to try and not purchase anything that wasn't food or cleaning items for the entire month of August. It's really hard to do that, but we were doing well. Ten days ago I went grocery shopping at Wal-Mart, now I know that a lot of people have a problem with Wal-Mart and honestly for a long time I didn't shop there either. But in this economy we've found that Wal-Mart is one of our best friends.
So, there I was taking a shortcut down the DIY party aisle and something caught my eye. There it was sitting among the glittery three inch plastic crowns and flower girl combs was this little guy. I was gobsmacked! It was so cute and pretty and smallish and exactly what I wanted! I was also excited because it looks just like a tiara that I've been drooling over on the David's Bridal website that is selling for $119.99. Of course I checked it to make sure that all of it's stones are secure and were all in attendance and that it wasn't tarnished. And I even checked the price at one of their little price scanners, it was $16.00. It was MINE! I even put it in the little cart seat so I could keep an eye on it as if some other bride would see it and attempt to snatch it away.
Let's think about the price for a second.
$16.00.
That's $103.99 less than one that looks exactly the same.
I even took it with me when I went to pick out bridesmaids dresses and my veil at DB this past Tuesday. I asked the girl who was helping me if I could use my tiara to get a better look and she said "Oh, yeah that's no problem" and she walked away to help another bride (I'm going to do another post about this because I know that this practice really bothers some people and there is a reason why it happens). When she came back I had my little find on and the veil I had decided was the one I wanted. She asked to see it and said "That is really pretty. Where'd you get that?" I smiled and told her where and how much it was and her eyes got huge and she said "Really?"
That's all for this one.

No comments: