Friday, May 29, 2009

Operation Natural Skin Color Begins Today!


This is a tiny bit wedding related, but it's mostly make-up related. I don't know about anyone else but finding a foundation is nearly impossible for me. My actual skin color is a very light and pale ivory, however because of normal sun exposure my arms, face, and chest are a medium color. Can we say "Sun damage"?
Now, when you buy a foundation or base you are suppose to match it to your neck because of blending. If you do this you will look strange because you are obviously wearing something that doesn't match your face. And you don't want a medium face and chest rolling around with a pale neck, you'll look silly. As I do. But if you put medium base on your neck you'll have to make sure you don't have lines.....and on and on and on.


Now you're probably thinking how does this loop back around to our wedding next year. Well, when I was in Shannon's wedding two years ago I honestly had a farmers tan that I was unaware of. So there I was green dress with a white tank top attached to my body. I hate looking at the photos taken of me that day. So, in order to avoid my derma-wifebeater I am starting a lengthy endeavor, eighteen months actually.


  1. Daily application of sunblock to all exposed areas

  2. Exfoliation twice a week to all exposed areas

  3. Moisturizer with spf 30 even while in the house (but not with the sunblock, they counteract with each other)

The idea is that with attempting to work with simple available products and by putting in the effort I will be avoiding having to get weird fake tan that Erik will hate the day we get married. It seems strange that I've put doing this off for so long, because I love my natural skin color. Light ivory is just so vintage.

No comments: